For Recovering Addicts/Alcoholics
Grants for medical, housing, counseling assistance, and for living expenses are offered to recovering alcoholics/addicts demonstrating both a desire to change their lives and financial need. Grants may be for all or part of the assistance. Our experience has shown that those recipients who contribute financially to their own recovery have maintained a stronger sobriety. All payments are given directly to the approved provider.
Anew Foundation is not a treatment center and it is not an emergency service. We work in conjunction with counseling centers and treatment facilities. We accept applications from individuals in programs that incorporate the following components:
- A minimum staff qualification of State Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or Licensed Marriage Family Therapist
- Incentives and support for attendance and participation in 12 step programs when appropriate
- Committed efforts to reintegrate the client into their family and local community, while offering support for jobs and education
- Periodic progress and attendance reports
- Services may include staying in a sober environment such as a half way house or transitional housing, supplements to rent, groceries, utilities, education, and living expenses, as well as treatment and medical care.
For At Risk Individuals/Families
While not an emergency service, grants for medical, housing, counseling assistance, and for living expenses are offered to at risk individuals and families who demonstrate a financial need. If circumstances allow, the grant recipient may be asked to contribute a small towards the cost of devices. All payments are given directly to the approved provider. We accept applications from individuals who are working in conjunction with local non profits serving the at risk population with whom Anew Foundation has formed a partnership:
- Medical procedures, prescriptions, and health equipment
- Diagnostic tests
- Eyes glasses
- Living expenses
If interested in applying for assistance, please print an application and mail, email or fax to us.